May 11, 2010

I love being a girl

Seriously, I can’t imagine what life would be like being a boy. We can be cute, take long showers, and change clothes four times before we leave the house. Our wallets have a place for change (who really likes hearing that jingle every step?) and I can’t imagine having to stuff boxers into my jeans and comfortably call it “underwear.” We get to enjoy shoving cotton balls between my toes and paining my toe nails and not be made fun of and praise God we don’t have to stand around a urinal to use the restroom. Most songs on the radio are about us. We can still get dirty, sweaty, climb trees, and wear guys clothes when we want and not get funny looks (tell me what your facial expression was the first time you saw a guy in skinny jeans….exactly my point!) Some days I want to be comfortable and make-up or my Chi is not on my radar and other days I’m all about layering, matching, and smelling pretty. I enjoy teaching girls about what it means to have a heart after God’s own. Being a woman is mysterious. Guys can’t figure us out…sometimes we can’t figure us out. One thing is for sure: girlfriends are irreplaceable. I am a firm believer that I will have sleepovers for the rest of my life…I’ve figured it out: just change the name from “sleepover” to “retreat” or “trip” and extend the overnight stay through a holiday weekend. I can’t wait till the next weekend these ladies and I get to spend time together...unless they want to come to Springfield any time in the week while I'm in training ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment